Summer 2020 is a special time, in which more people than ever have stayed in the Netherlands and we as a physiotherapy practice worked harder than other summers to be able to absorb the so-called “deferred care”. Yet some people have also been abroad, and we hope they had a nice holiday.
What if you have been on vacation in an “orange” or “red” area?
If you – chosen or not yourself – have been in a Corona risk area, the government rule is that you go into quarantine for 10 days. Because we want to keep the risk of contamination as small as possible for both employees and other patients, this means that you are not welcome in the health center / physiotherapy practice during this quarantine time and we ask you for a possible. to postpone an appointment that has already been made to a later time or to change it into a video consultation. Even if you have no complaints. 015-3807831 /firstname.lastname@example.org
The current travel advice and color codes per country can be found on the website of the Netherlands worldwide: www.nederlandwereldwereld.nl/reizen/reisadviezen
Only together can we get Corona under control. We rely on your cooperation and understanding.
We can offer almost all the help you are used to from us again:
- For all your questions about your exercise problems, you can contact all our physiotherapists individually by email (see contact page on this site) or – generally – by phone: 015-3807831. Or E-mail email@example.com.
- You can also make an appointment for a treatment in practice again; however, despite the fact that 90% of the patients return to normal practice, it is possible that the physiotherapist may decide that for your situation it can also be done via video consultation. This can be for your safety (risk groups) or that the complaint that you indicated at the intake can be properly dealt with with an online conversation, observation and advice. A video consultation is via a connection specially secured for healthcare.
- We can support you with various forms of exercise therapy through our exercise program by email. Control and adjustment thereof will then take place via video.
You can expect from our therapists:
- That they do not work if they have (cold or flu) complaints themselves.
- That they respect the meter and a half as much as possible. Unless the treatment requires more contact.
- That they use Personal Protective Equipment if you or they deem it necessary.
- That they wash their hands even more often than they already do. This has nothing to do with your hygiene, but with your safety.
- That they clean the treatment bench, chair, material used, door handles after each treatment with a disinfectant and instead of the normal sofa covers, only use the towels that you have brought with you. The treatment time will therefore be slightly shorter than usual.
- That they clean the equipment and equipment in the exercise room after each use.
- That they proceed to a telephone / video treatment if this is desired. For example, because you cannot come or because you belong to a risk group.
- That they ask each patient upon arrival about their health and that of their environment.
What do we expect from our patients today:
- That you do not come to the practice when you have a cold, cough, sore throat – with or without fever. In this case, call the practice and discuss whether a telephone or video appointment can be scheduled for the time you have the appointment.
- That you bring two towels, one large for the treatment couch and one to cover and / or dry your hands.
- That you wash your hands when you enter our treatment room and that you dry them with the towel you brought with you. This also has nothing to do with your hygiene, but with your and our safety.
- That you answer the “triage” questions about your health honestly, for the safety of all patients after you and the health center workers.
- In order to keep the waiting rooms in the center as quiet as possible, all physiotherapists have varying treatment start times, we ask you to arrive at exactly the right time.
Rehabilitation after Covid-19
Together with an occupational therapist, psychologist and speech therapy, a multidisciplinary collaboration has been set up to guide Corona patients in their rehabilitation after their illness. In the meantime, it has turned out that guidance is often badly needed in this regard. Thanks to the collaboration, attention can also be paid to all areas to get back fit as quickly and as well as possible.
In most cases, the intake goes through physiotherapy, after which the other disciplines are involved later. With us, Natasja de Jong and Shaylene Rutten (both always involved in pulmonary rehabilitation and COPD patients) have further specialized in rehabilitation after Covid-19.
You can make an appointment by telephone, after which the first contact will also take place via telephone or video calling.