Your Data and Privacy
In our practice various personal data from you can be processed. This is necessary to be able to help you properly and necessary for the financial settlement of the treatment. In addition, processing may be necessary for, for example, combating a serious risk to your health or to comply with a legal obligation.
The duties of the practice
DAccording to the AVG, De Fysiotherapeut Pijnacker Zuid is responsible for processing personal data that takes place in the practice. The practice meets the following obligations as follows:
• Your data is collected for specific purposes:
– for care provision;
– for efficient management and policy;
– for support of scientific research, education and information.
• No processing takes place for other purposes.
• You will be informed if your personal data is being processed. This can be done by your healthcare provider, but also via a brochure or via our website.
• All employees have committed themselves to De Fysiotherapeut Pijnacker Zuid to handle your personal data confidentially.
• Your personal data is well protected against unauthorised access.
• Your personal data will not be stored any longer than is necessary for proper care provision.
For medical data, this retention period is 15 years (from the last treatment), unless longer storage is necessary, for example for the health of yourself or your children. This is at the discretion of the practitioner.
Your rights as a person involved
You have the following rights:
• The right to know if and which personal data of you is being processed.
• The right to inspect and copy that data (insofar as this does not harm the privacy of another person).
• The right to correction, addition or deletion of data if necessary.
• The right to request the (partial) destruction of your medical data. This can only be met if the retention of the data is not of considerable importance to someone else and the data do not have to be retained by virtue of a statutory regulation.
• The right to add a personal statement (of a medical nature) to your file.
• The right to object to the processing of your data in certain cases.
If you want to make use of your rights, you can make this known to De Fysiotherapeut Pijnacker-Zuid, preferably your therapist. Your interests can also be represented by a representative (such as a written representative, or your trustee or mentor).
Providing your personal data to third parties
The employees of De Fysiotherapeut Pijnacker-Zuid have the obligation to treat your personal data confidentially. This means, for example, that the healthcare provider needs your explicit permission to provide your personal data. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. Based on a legal prescription, the duty to remain silent for the care provider can be broken, but also when there is a fear of a serious danger to your health or that of a third party. In addition, recorded data can, if necessary, be exchanged verbal, in writing or digitally with other healthcare providers.
De Fysiotherapeut Pijnacker-Zuid will exchange information about your treatment with the doctor or specialist through which you have been referred to the physical therapist, after you have given specific permission.
Question or complaint
Do you have a question or complaint? For example, about who we share data with or how we handle your medical data? Then we would like to discuss this with you.